Airport and Airline
Ground support vehicles at airports can spend hours idling due to delays, maintenance and repairs, and loading/unloading. While you cannot always predict these situations, GRIP allows you to control the time your ground support fleet spends in idle and the damage it causes to your bottom line and the environment.
GRIP in Action
We’ve helped thousands of fleets meet their reduction goals. With GRIP installed, engine operation at idle is cut between 30-70%, which reduces fuel costs, harmful CO2 emissions, and vehicle maintenance and downtime.
EPA and DOT estimate that one gallon of consumed gasoline produces 19.6 lbs (8.9 kg) CO2 emissions, and one gallon of diesel consumed produces 22.5 lbs (10.2kg). After installing GRIP, one fleet saved 12,004 litres—3,171 gallons—of fuel in a year.
Safety Above All
GRIP allows ground support vehicles to retain vital work functions even when the system is in monitoring mode. GRIP will never disable safety and security features and can be customized for each type of ground vehicle. It will also drastically reduce emissions and contribute to your climate change efforts.
GRIP allows you to customize parameters and thresholds based on each ground vehicle’s duty cycle, meaning drivers or operators never have to turn the system on or off, or set controls—everything is automatic.
Savings in Full
While most services install GRIP into their vehicles to eliminate unnecessary idling and the environmental damage and costs associated with it, they quickly learn the full benefit of the system:
- Extending vehicle life by reducing unnecessary wear and tear
- Reduced maintenance costs due to decreased wear and tear
- Vehicle spending less time in the shop and more time in use
- Increased operator safety, security, and vehicle function
- For vehicles with DPF systems, GRIP significantly reduces the maintenance costs and failures
- Reduces fuel consumption and fewer trips to fewer trips to refuel the machine
- Reduces public complaints and improves public perception
- Real-time idling and energy information on the GRIP Idle Tracker Dashboard